Division Operations, Marketing & Merchandising VPs Announced
Mar 26th, 2013
Albertsons Announces Operations, Marketing & Merchandising VPs for New Divisions
BOISE, ID – (March 26, 2013) – AB Acquisition LLC, (“Albertsons”) today announced that it has selected the Division Vice Presidents for their new and legacy operating divisions following the successful purchase of 871 stores from SUPERVALU yesterday.
- Acme Markets – Dennis Clark – most recently Vice President of Merchandising for the Acme division of SUPERVALU, Dennis will retain his role at the division going forward Dennis began his retail career with Safeway in Utah and started with Albertsons Inc. in 1988. Acme is also retaining Dan Croce as Vice President of Operations, who joined Acme in 2005.
- Albertsons Northwest Division – Dennis Schwarz – most recently a district manager in the Seattle area for the Intermountain West division of SUPERVALU, and previously Vice President Sales & Merchandising for the same area, Dennis began his career at Albertsons in 1976 in Washington. Dennis has been named the Northwest Vice President of Marketing & Merchandising.
- Albertsons Intermountain Division – John Colgrove – most recently Sales Merchandising Manager for the Intermountain West division of SUPERVALU, and previously a Vice President of Marketing & Merchandising for the Dallas Fort Worth Division of Albertsons Inc., John began his career with Albertsons in 1977 in Colorado. John has been named the Intermountain Vice President of Marketing & Merchandising.
- Albertsons Southern California– Greg McNiff – most recently Sr. VP Operations in the Southern California division of SUPERVALU, Greg began his career at Albertsons in 1981. Greg has been named the Vice President of Marketing & Merchandising. Additionally, Wendy Oliver has been named Vice President of Operations for the division. Most recently Area Vice President of Operations, Wendy began her career with American Stores in 1988.
- Albertsons Market Southern Division – David Urby – most recently a District Manager for the Southern Division’s West Texas stores, David began his career at Albertsons in 1984. David has been named the Southern Vice President of Marketing & Merchandising.
- Albertsons Market Southwest Division – Greg Matteri – most recently Meat Sales Manager for the Southwest division, Greg joined the company in 1973. He held several key leadership positions including Director of Meat and Seafood and Director of Fresh for Albertsons Inc. and SUPERVALU. Greg has been named the Southwest Vice President of Marketing & Merchandising.
- Jewel Osco – Ken Diehl – formerly Vice President of Marketing & Merchandising of the Southwest division of Albertsons LLC, Ken has been named Jewel Osco’s Vice President of Marketing & Merchandising. He began his career at Albertsons in 1993.
- Shaws & Star Markets – Paul Gossett – most recently Senior Director of Merchandising at Nash Finch, Paul started with Albertsons in 1977 and held roles of increasing responsibility with the company as well as Winn Dixie and Nash Finch. Paul is returning to the company after being named Vice President of Marketing & Merchandising.
- Pharmacy Division – Tom Rousonelos and Stewart Edington have been named Vice President of Pharmacy Operations for the company’s NAI and Albertsons LLC divisions, respectively. Rousonelos began his career with Jewel-Osco in 1989, and held various positions including Pharmacy Manager, Store Management, District Pharmacy Manager, Regional Manager Managed Care Operations and most recently Vice President of Pharmacy Operations for Jewel-Osco, Albertsons Intermountain West, Cub and Shop N Save. Edington is a 1989 graduate of Rhodes University in Grahamstown, South Africa, and has been with Albertsons stores since 2003, when he was hired as a pharmacy manager. In 2006, Stewart joined Albertson’s LLC as the division pharmacy manager and was promoted to Vice President of Pharmacy in 2011.
ACME Markets Inc. began in 1891 when two friends, Samuel Robinson and Robert Crawford, opened a small neighborhood grocery store in South Philadelphia, emphasizing quality products, low prices, and friendly service. Over 120 years later, ACME remains dedicated to providing a high-quality grocery experience that our customers have come to expect. Today, ACME operates 112 stores, including Sav-On Pharmacies at select locations, in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware and Maryland, employing more than 10,000 associates. The company and its associates remain committed to the communities they serve. For more information visit www.acmemarkets.com. Media inquiries: Angela Perez, Communications and Public Affairs Manager ACME 610-889-4006 www.acmemarkets.com