Card Free Savings

Angie Perez

Jun 19th, 2013

Come See What's New with Shopping at ACME Banner

ACME Customers,
This week, we began notifying customers that our Preferred Card is no longer required at our stores to receive sales prices on items. We know you’ve had your card for years, and you’re used to having to use our card when you shop to get a great deal.

Once upon a time, a shopper card set customers aside. It meant that you were taking extra steps to save money, and we offered special items that were only available at special prices when you had the special card.

The card isn’t so special anymore. Everyone has one. So we want to take the special step of not requiring one anymore.

Our customers are the only reasons that our doors open every day. Because of you, we exist. It’s that simple. We feel it’s our job to give everyone a great shopping experience, and that includes offering great prices to everyone.

If your Preferred Card is attached to your Upromise/SavingStar account, that’s okay. You will still be able to have your card scanned when you purchase your groceries and your account activity will be appropriately reflected. If you currently use your Preferred Card to earn Fuel Rewards, you can still scan it when you shop. Fuel Rewards will continue. As always, if any changes are made to that program, you’ll be the first to know.

We invite you to share your thoughts with our Customer Service Center and thank you for your business.

40 Responses to Card Free Savings

1. C King 18/01/2014 at 10:45 am

Awesome! A great change – making life easier for your customers is always welcome and appreciated (1 less thing to carry around!)
    Thank you.

2. Ron McNeil 24/03/2014 at 8:06 pm

Thanks. I was inquiring about your rewards card before our Acme store opened in Green. Looking forward to this store.
    Ron McNeil
    Ryan McNeil (my son)
    3189 Dunstone Circle
    Akron, Ohio 44312

• Customer Care 25/03/2014 at 7:23 am

Hello, Ron. We actually do not own the ACME stores in the Ohio area. For more information, please visit or contact their customer service line at 1-888-733-2263 using extension 55299 or 55305. Have a great day! ~Cindy

3. WLJB 29/04/2014 at 2:30 pm

Thanks no card hope other stores follow.

4. Susan Bailey 18/07/2014 at 8:13 am

I have a Preferred Card account and recently joined Savings Star, but I lost my card before I was able to put Acme on the account. How can I find my card number to put the account on Savings Star?

5. Trish Fesmire 22/08/2014 at 11:54 am

We had an ACME saving card before they discontinued it (also Fran.)
    I use which needs a savings card.
    I got a UPromise savings card.
    It has never worked.
    Would you help fix this.

• Customer Care 23/08/2014 at 6:40 am

Hi, Trish. We got your email earlier today. Be sure to check your email for our response. ~Victor

6. misty bykowsky 29/09/2014 at 4:04 pm

Can I please get an Acme saving card replacement please and how do i do it

• Customer Care 30/09/2014 at 10:16 am

Hi Misty! I’d be happy to send you out a replacement card! Please email me at and provide me with your card number if you know it. In your email please provide your contact information that is attached to the card along with the store that you shop at. I’m looking forward to your reply. ~Shasta

7. Ryan Stevens 17/11/2014 at 6:02 pm

my mom lost my team rewards program card. How do I apply for one?

• Customer Care 20/11/2014 at 8:43 am

Hello, Ryan. We can certainly assist in replacing your mother’s lost Team Rewards Card. Please e-mail us at with your mother’s Associate ID, store location and mailing address that should be on file and we will issue a new card out to her. We await your e-mail. Thanks for stopping by! ~Stephanie

8. T davis 28/12/2014 at 12:27 pm

How do I obtain a preferred buyer gas card for the Red Lion Phila location so I can use it at that location’s gas station?

9. Larry 18/01/2015 at 12:05 pm

I’m trying to get my wife’s & my Fuel Rewards Cards straight. There seems to be a discrepancy as to which phone #’s go to which account. Can you please respond & direct me as to how I can update or clarify this matter so we may confirm our points are going to the correct place?

• Customer Care 20/01/2015 at 1:14 pm

We’d be happy to look into you and your wife’s accounts, Larry. Please send us an email at with both of your card numbers, your full names, phone numbers and email addresses, if different. We look forward to assisting you. ~Zachary

10. Rob 24/05/2015 at 4:55 pm

I’ve been waiting so long for this – you just made a new permanent Customer!!
    No more cards to carry around. Thank you!

11. Mrs Roberts 19/06/2015 at 1:53 pm

Great news! You have a new customer.

12. Ms. Clark 13/08/2015 at 3:43 pm

How do you sign up for ACME Fuel Rewards?

• Customer Care 14/08/2015 at 3:36 pm

Hi there, Ms. Clark. As long as your local Acme is participating in the program you can sign up at the store. ~Shasta

13. alex 30/10/2015 at 10:51 pm

I hear you don’t offer cards anymore if I requested a card in store,can I still get one? as I don’t mind using them? thanks email me!!

• Customer Support 01/11/2015 at 1:37 pm

Hi, Alex. If your local store has the cards available, then they will be more than happy to provide one to you. -Julio

14. Wendy 01/11/2015 at 4:33 pm

Acme just opened in my town in NJ. I never had an Acme card before and see you will no longer have them. I would like to know if I can still get a card to get the Fuel Rewards if they are offered in NJ. Thank you.

• Customer Support 02/11/2015 at 1:22 pm

Wendy, if the fuel rewards are offered, then you will be able to obtain a card. We hope this helps! -Julio

15. Dorothy Roberts 21/11/2015 at 8:19 am

Hi I have a question,Do I have to use my gas credits all in the same day? The other day I could only get $33.00 worth of gas,what happens to the other $17.00? Thank you

• Customer Support 22/11/2015 at 7:26 pm

Hello, Dorothy. Could you please provide more details? We would like to look into this further. We look forward to hearing from you. -Julio

16. Alicia 08/01/2016 at 11:16 am

I had a card, now joined MyMixx. How do I redeem the MyMixx coupons I have clipped if there is no card or bar code to scan on my phone?

17. MsDawnzie 29/01/2016 at 5:33 am

I do not have an Acme Rewards card, HOWEVER, this is an issue in regards to my Savings Star account because Acme does not accept scanned receipts through this app at this time. I need to obtain a customer care card, so I can link it to this account and receive the rebates that I earned.

18. Kim 30/03/2016 at 10:20 pm

I scam my card at the pump and when I shop. Sometimes I have savings at the pump. How does the gas reward program work? Where can I find the details and exclusions?

• Customer Support 31/03/2016 at 6:55 pm

Kim, when customers shop at Acme using the Acme Super Card they will earn 5¢ off/gallon for every $50 in accumulated qualified purchases. Qualifying purchases excludes alcohol, money orders, postage stamps, lottery tickets, tobacco, ACME gift cards, Gift Card Mall, or fuel purchases. Prescriptions are included, but the customer only receives points for what they pay out of pocket. You must use your Acme Super Card at time of purchase. Gas Reward savings are stored on the Acme Super Card and the receipt message will print current Gas Reward status. We hope you find this information helpful. -Julio

19. Patricia Frailer 21/05/2016 at 3:18 pm

Can someone please help me? I had a Acme card but lost it, I do not have my number. I am a Acme Fuel Rewards User and need a replacement card in order to use my reward points.

Can you please send me a new card? I currently have $.40 accumulated on my rewards but unable to use because the gas pumps only take a card and don’t allow you to input your phone number.

Store that I shop: 236 E. Glenwood Avenue, Smyrna, DE 19977 (302) 653-9600. They told me they are no longer allowed to issue replacement Acme cards.

• Customer Support 22/05/2016 at 5:03 pm

Patricia, we’d like to assist you. Please call our Customer Support Center at 1-877-723-3929 and ask to be transferred to address your Acme Fuel Savings card. Our agents will be glad to help in resolving this. -Rebecca

20. James Dean 23/07/2016 at 8:40 pm

I was just in the Smyrna Delaware store today they know nothing about the card free savings, somebody’s not on the ball !.

• Customer Support 24/07/2016 at 6:49 pm

James, our apologies for any inconvenience encountered at your local ACME. The Club Card is no longer required to receive sale prices. We hope you find this information helpful. -Julio

21. Mrs. Dabain 27/09/2016 at 3:49 pm

I’m very disappointed that acme just opened in Yonkers a year ago and I live a few minutes away and I never recieved the weekly circular. I have requested that in the store in writing and also called customer service and still don’t get their weekly circular.
    Acme does not want to get there flyers to neighboring customers and I’m very upset and that’s one of the reasons I don’t recommend people shopping there. I’d rather shop at shoprite supermarket than a store that does not care for there customers and there prices are much more than Shoprite.
    I hope that someone from Acme markets reads this and gives me an answer to my questions which they will not for sure.
    It’s all bogus.

• Customer Support 27/09/2016 at 5:04 pm

Mrs. Dabain, we are sorry to hear you haven’t been receiving a flier from us. Please email us at with your full mailing address so we can add you to our mailing list. We look forward to hearing from you! -Rebecca

22. Alex Goldberg 16/10/2016 at 3:34 pm

I just realized that ACME participates in Fuel Rewards program. I do have Fuel Rewards card but I was unable to add it to my ACME account I just set up. It tells me I need 11-12 digit number but my card number is longer then that. Also, I just made a purchase of over $100 at the store. Is it possible to add that purchase to Fuel Rewards account and do I need to open another Fuel Rewards account to do so?

• Customer Support 18/10/2016 at 10:33 pm

Hi, Alex. Please contact us at 877-723-3929 for further assistance on this. -Julio