We ♥Java Delight Coffee

Angie Perez

Oct 14th, 2013

Java Delight Premium Coffee

Explore the journey from seed to cup and discover how Java Delight coffee sets the standard for quality you can taste in every cup. Let’s start with Java Delight Costa Rica-grown coffee, La Sonrisa and El Conquistador.

Hacienda La Minita
Hacienda La Minita, located in the picturesque Tarrazu region of Costa Rica. La Minita is an estate coffee farm, one of the most well-run and respected in the world. Estate farms manage the total coffee producing cycle− from seedling to processed bean− to ensure the rich distinctive taste and high quality of signature Java Delight brands like La Sonrisa and El Conquistador.

The soil of the estate is considered gold for it brings forth the most precious of Costa Rican commodities− the ripe coffee berry. The name La Minita means “small (gold) mine” and can be traced to local legend that tells of pre-Colombian Indians searching for ornamental gold in the plantation soils.

Hacienda La Minita is one of the world’s most socially conscious and environmentally-sound coffee farm. The farm uses no herbicides or insecticides.

Blooming Coffee Tree

Blooming Coffee Tree

Hacienda Rio Negro

Coffee beans for Java Delight are also sourced from Hacienda Rio Negro. This farm is committed to preserving natural forestland and wildlife corridors and was the first farm in Costa Rica to be certified by the Rainforest Alliance. The farm is managed in such a way that much of the original rainforest has been left intact.

Located in remote southern Costa Rica, the Rio Negro region enjoys a well-defined rainy season, which promotes optimal coffee flowering and very high quality production. This is an area rich in coffee culture, where producers are committed to quality and proud of what they produce.

The plantation is located directly next to Parque Nacional La Amistad. Parque Nacional La Amistad is the largest forest-protected area in the country, consisting of over 485,000 acres in Costa Rica and extending south of the border with more than 500,000 protected acres in Panama. The plantation now consists of a total of 1,712 acres of land of which 703 acres are currently in coffee production. Of the remaining 1,000 plus acres, there are 815 acres of natural forest preserve, another 150 acres of reforestation and the infrastructure (roads, housing, nursery, etc.) consumes another 45 acres.

Hacienda Rio Negro has a core of 50 full time employees including: managers, farm workers, clerical staff, drivers and maintenance personnel. Farm management assists the workers outside of farm life.

Coffee Farm in Costa Rica

Coffee Farm in Costa Rica

The farm contributes to a matching saving fund for each worker and offers low cost loans to assist workers in need. There is a medical clinic located on the farm near the administration building. A doctor staffs this clinic two days a week to administer the needs of the workers and their families. There is also a dentist at the farm three days a week to attend to the dental needs of the farm community.

The farm management built a daycare for the children ages 2 to 11. Hacienda Rio Negro also supports the local school with supplies and uniforms for the children and farm workers.

Java Delight artisan-blended 100% Arabica coffee. Exceptional varieties, tempting aromas and premium quality set the standard for Java Delight, a sophisticated cup of coffee that you’ll savor every time. Available pre-bagged in whole bean or ground. Indulge your senses and share our passion for great coffee. Enjoy!

32 Responses to We ♥Java Delight Coffee

1. Bill Klotz 31/08/2014 at 10:18 pm

I live on Java Delight Espresso, My local Jewel Food Store at 303 Holmes Ave. Clarendon Hills IL. 60514 told me that Java Delight is discontinuing you Espresso, PLEASE dont do that, Java Delight is by far The Best Espresso out there, I cant imagine waking up without it. I mean, dont you drink youre own product? you must not, because if you did you would Never consider discontinuing it. Thanks for listening, A worried consumer, Bill Klotz

• Customer Care 02/09/2014 at 5:47 pm

Thank you for your comments on your favorite Espresso, Bill. I will be sure to let Java Delight know of your concerns with the discontinuation of that product. Thanks for taking the time to post. ~Zachary

2. barbara campbell 09/09/2014 at 7:19 am

I can’t find a store that sales java delight coffee in whole bean. The 2 safeways close to my home discontinued your brand.,
    I would order a big bag from the store 20 or 10 pounds of whole bean.
    Please send an address where I can order

• Customer Care 12/09/2014 at 6:00 am

Hi, Barbara. We currently do not offer delivery orders for our products. We can check into the availability of this product for you and request that your store carry it, if available. Can you let us know which location you shop? ~Victor

3. Elizabeth 02/12/2014 at 4:56 pm

Hello,
    Can you tell we where I can find Acme brand coffee in North Carolina? or what coffee does Acme use? My 97 year old father says todays coffee taste terrible! His mother used Acme coffee and that is what coffee should taste like!! 🙂 He is pretty stubborn in his old age!
    Thank you!!

• Customer Care 03/12/2014 at 2:16 am

I’d be happy to find out where you can get the ACME brand coffee in NC, Elizabeth. I can also find out what coffee ACME uses. I would just need to get some additional product info if you have it (ie. UPC/Bar Code). You can email me directly at ACMEMarketsHelpers@supervalu.com . I await your email. ~Cindy

4. yvonne 21/12/2014 at 7:14 pm

please do not discontinue your espresso. It is my favorite. why?

5. Teddy Donavon 27/01/2015 at 10:29 am

OMG! They’re discontinuing the espresso?! Please don’t! The only reason I go to bed at night is so I can get up in the morning for my cappuccino! I love my Java Delight Espresso! It is the best on the market! I can’t imagine buying any thing else. I have tried many different brands, and nothing stacks up to the Java Delight espresso. PLEASE DON’T STOP making it!

• Customer Care 27/01/2015 at 4:29 pm

Hello Teddy, we’re happy that you enjoyed the Java Delight Espresso so much and we’re sorry that you will miss it, but we want to invite you to try the other great Java Delight products! ~Michael

6. Gene Autry 23/03/2015 at 2:39 pm

regardless of your product mix please put exspresso back in the Acme on germantown ave in philadelphia. other coffees are just a toy.

• Customer Care 24/03/2015 at 7:02 am

Espresso is one of my favorites, Gene. I’ve sent a request to have the Java Delight Espresso availability checked into. You can expect further follow up within 5 business days. Have a great day. ~Cindy

7. laura 06/08/2015 at 5:36 pm

I am looking for your Java Delight Dark French Roast Ground coffee in the bag. My supermarket does not carry it any more. I live in Waco tx. It makes the best cup of coffee in my new keurig and I am on my last bag.
    Do you know where I can find your Java Delight Dark French Roast Ground coffee in the bag? I would love to buy some more to have to drink in the mornings.

Laura Hendrix

• Customer Care 07/08/2015 at 7:47 am

Hello, Laura. ACME transitioning away from SuperValu OOB items (Essential Everyday, Wild Harvest, Equaline, etc.) and will no longer be carrying these brands. The remaining OOB items stocked at these stores will be sold while supplies last. I can certainly check to see that other retailers may carry this item. Please email me at ACMEMarketsHelpers@supervalu.com -with any product information you may have. I await your email. ~Cindy

8. Anita Williams 20/09/2015 at 1:05 pm

I fell in love with your coffee a few years ago.. I got into the Double chocolate and now Albertsons don’t sell it but they do sell other Jave delight coffee’s.. They tried to tell me that it did not sell there and i hate to beg the differ, but i know several folks that bought it.. That including me..
    I want this coffee cause the others i have tried don’t come close to the flavor that this has.. Help please.

• Customer Care 20/09/2015 at 7:27 pm

Thanks for being a fan of our products, Anita! But our stores are transitioning away from Java Delight products. Any Java Delights found in any of our stores are while supplies last. That includes our Albertsons and ACME stores. ~Jennifer

9. Ken Mitchell 25/11/2015 at 9:01 am

is this product out of production

• Customer Support 25/11/2015 at 2:34 pm

Thanks for reaching out, Ken. We would like to look into this for you. Could you tell us which location you happen to shop at most often? -Julio

10. danny 13/12/2015 at 3:03 pm

I can’t find Java Delight Doughnut Shop Dark or any Java Delight whole bean coffee anywhere… Is this no longer being made????

• Customer Support 13/12/2015 at 4:39 pm

Hi, Danny! Sorry to hear about this. Could you tell us which location you happen to shop at most often? We’d like to look into this further. -Julio

11. Sharon Stacy 21/12/2015 at 3:09 am

My husband loves the Java Delight Double Chocolate coffee. I can no longer find it in the San Diego area. Do you have any information on any store or site that I can order this coffee from that will ship it, or if you know of any place in the area that carries it. Thank you.
    Sharon

• Customer Support 28/12/2015 at 1:39 pm

Sharon, we suggest searching for suppliers online. We would not have access to information of stock available outside of our stores. We apologize for any inconvenience. Thank you for your time. -Julio

12. JOHN RIAN 11/02/2016 at 6:10 pm

I have been buying your Costa Rica coffee
    at Albertsons in Portland Oregon, but fine
    they do not carry it anymore.
    can I find this coffee in the Portland area.

Thanks

• Customer Support 13/02/2016 at 6:56 pm

John, we apologize that this product is no longer stocked in your area. We have shared your comments with our Product Buyers informing them that you would like to see this return in-store ASAP. Thank you for your time. -Julio, Customer Support

13. Ken W. 02/04/2016 at 11:08 am

Hi,
    We have been using the Java Delight Whole Bean Espresso for ever and it is no longer carried at any of the stores in our area (Northern Illinois, Chicagoland area). Could you please tell me where it may be distributed now? We will buy in bulk as we have been doing for years. We have tried 20+ other brands of whole bean espresso, and nothing compares to the Java Delight Whole bean espresso. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

• Customer Support 03/04/2016 at 8:02 pm

Ken, we have made our Merchandising Teams aware that you’d like to see this Java Delight return to your area ASAP. -Julio

14. ismael peralta 08/04/2016 at 6:00 pm

I have fallen in love with the Java Delight Decaf in the Los Angeles area, but no in is carrying it anymore. We would get it at Albertsons. What is happening?

15. Karen Roberts 02/06/2016 at 10:48 pm

This was the best coffee ever. You must bring it back or let us know where we can find it. Does Hacienda Rio Negro continue to grow the beans? If they do, where can we get them?

• Customer Support 03/06/2016 at 5:17 pm

Karen, we would like to let our Buyers know you’d like to see this product back in-store. Can you please reply with your store’s location so that we may do this? -Josue

16. Birck Cox 12/06/2016 at 2:45 pm

Sign me up. I found Java Delight at Acme a few years ago (2014?) and loved it, and now it-at least the K-cups-has disappeared. I would love to see it back at Acme.

• Customer Support 13/06/2016 at 5:10 pm

Hi Birck! Please tell us which store you visit the most, so we can notify our Buyers of your request. Thank you! -Rebecca

17. jill 10/07/2016 at 9:00 am

I love your coffee. My local Shaws has stopped carrying it. Where can I buy your product?
    My Zip is 02879

• Customer Support 10/07/2016 at 4:09 pm

We’re sorry, Jill, but we’ve confirmed that we no longer carry Java Delight. We will notify our Buyers that you would again like to purchase this at your store! -Rebecca