Fresh Pineapple Ginger Chicken Delight
Jan 3rd, 2014
Here’s a great recipe for a main dish that is low fat, low calorie, low sodium, low carb, and low cholesterol!!!
Pineapple Ginger Chicken Stir-Fry
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken breasts, skinless and boneless, cubed
- 2 tsp peanut oil
- 2 cups fresh pineapple chunks
- 3 Tbs molasses
- 2 Tbs fresh lime juice
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 8 scallions, cut lengthwise into 2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup crystallized ginger, minced
- In a non-stick wok or large frying pan over high heat, warm oil. Add chicken and sauté until firm and well-browned, about 6 minutes. Remove chicken and set aside.
- Add pineapple and molasses and stir-fry until the pineapple is brown and tender.
- Stir in the lime juice, red pepper flakes, scallions, and chicken. Sauté until scallions are bright green and the chicken is fully cooked, about 5 minutes. Toss in ginger and serve over rice.
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2017.