Baked Oatmeal Breakfast Cakes
Feb 3rd, 2014
Healthy Black Forest Baked Oatmeal
- 1 cup rolled oats (not instant)
- ½ cup applesauce, unsweetened
- ½ cup fat free milk
- ¾ cup pitted cherries (fresh or frozen)
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup chocolate chips
- 1 Tbs chia seeds
- 1 Tbs cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Spray a muffin tin with cooking oil. Fill each muffin tin cup to the top with oat mixture. It should make about 6-8 oatmeal cakes.
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes. For a light crust, broil for an additional 3-5 minutes until lightly browned.
- Serve on it’s own or with fresh fruit, yogurt, or milk.
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2017.