Teriyaki Salmon with Snow Peas
Feb 19th, 2014
Teriyaki Salmon in Foil
- 1/4 cup lite teriyaki sauce
- 1 Tbs brown sugar
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tsp minced fresh ginger
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cups snow pea pods (about 4 ounces), trimmed
- 1 large carrot, cut into 2-inch long very thin "matchstick" strips (about 1 cup)
- 4 5 ounce salmon fillets, skin removed
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 Tbs toasted sesame seeds, optional
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Cut four 12-inch square pieces of aluminum foil.
- In a bowl, whisk together the teriyaki sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, ginger, and cornstarch until well blended.
- Divide the snow peas and carrots evenly and place in the center of each piece of foil. Lay the salmon on top of the vegetables and season with salt and pepper. Spoon the teriyaki mixture evenly over each piece of salmon. Seal each packet by bringing up the sides and folding the top edge over twice. Seal the edges in the same way.
- Place the packets on a baking sheet and bake until the fish is cooked through and the vegetables are tender, about 18 minutes.
- Open the packets (be careful of the steam!), place the salmon on individual plates, top with the vegetables and sauce, and serve. Top with toasted sesame seeds as desired.
- Serve with rice and your favorite fruit on the side.
Copyright © 2017 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2017.