Trout Tacos with Pineapple Salsa
Feb 17th, 2014
Grilled Trout Tacos with Pineapple Salsa
- 1 3/4 cups julienned jicama
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 12 4 oz each rainbow trout fillets
- 24 6-inch corn tortillas
- 1 1/2 quarts shredded romaine lettuce
- Pineapple salsa1 quart diced pineapple
- 1 1/2 cups diced tomato
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 3 jalapeño peppers, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Combine jicama, onion, and lime juice; let stand 30 minutes.
- Per order: Season 1 trout fillet with salt and pepper; grill or sauté until just done, about 2 minutes per side. Remove skin and break trout into bite size pieces. Toss trout with 1/3 cup reserved jicama mixture.
- Meanwhile, on a very hot griddle, heat 2 tortillas on both sides. Fill each tortilla with 1/4 cup lettuce, half of the trout mixture, and 1/4 cup pineapple salsa. Or serve 1/2 cup salsa on the side.
- Pineapple Salsa (yield: 5-1/2 cups)Combine 1 quart diced pineapple, 1 1/2 cups diced tomato, 1/2 cup chopped cilantro, 3 minced jalapeño peppers, 2 minced garlic cloves, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Stir in fresh lime juice and sugar to taste.
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.