Asparagus and Rock Shrimp Risotto
Mar 19th, 2014
Asparagus with Blue Cheese and Pine Nuts
- 1- 1/2 Tbs red or white wine vinegar
- 1- 1/2 tsp finely chopped shallot
- salt as needed
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1- 1/2 lb asparagus, trimmed
- 3 oz firm blue cheese, chilled
- 3 Tbs pine nuts, toasted
- To make vinaigrette, mix vinegar, shallot, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and pepper. Whisk in oil; reserve.
- Blanch asparagus in a frying pan large enough to hold asparagus in one layer. Bring approximately 3 inches of water to a boil. Stir in 1 tablespoon salt. Add asparagus. Cook at a medium boil until fork tender, about 3 minutes, depending on thickness. Drain on paper towel; cool.
- To assemble, arrange asparagus on a platter; drizzle with vinaigrette. Roll spears to coat with vinaigrette. Shred cheese onto a piece of wax paper, using the small holes of a shredder. Evenly sprinkle shredded cheese over asparagus; scatter pine nuts over cheese.
Preparation Tip: Recipe can be made ahead. Refrigerate vinaigrette and cooled asparagus, tightly sealed. Return to room temperature before serving.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.