Berries and Nuts over Quinoa
Jul 16th, 2014
Breakfast for Dinner: Warm Berry Quinoa
- 1 cup 1% low-fat organic milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup organic red quinoa (you can also use white but I just like red)
- 1 box fresh strawberries, cut into small cubes
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 1-2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 4 tsp honey
- Stevia extract to taste
- Combine milk, water, and quinoa in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer 15 minutes or until most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Turn off heat; let stand covered for 5 minutes.
- Stir in berries, nuts, cinnamon, nutmeg, honey, and stevia.
- Transfer to plates, top with nuts, and drizzle 1 teaspoon honey over each serving.
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.