Braised Lamb and Fresh Berry Salad
Jul 14th, 2014
Lamb and Berry Salad with Avocados
- 1 lb boneless American lamb shoulder, trimmed of visible fat and cut into pieces of equal thickness
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1 package (6 ounces) mixed salad greens
- 1 package (6 ounces) raspberries or blackberries
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans
- 1 large ripe avocado, halved, pitted, peeled, and cubed
- 1/3 cup prepared dressing
- Creamy feta cheese and 16 slices of baguette for garnish
- In large skillet with cover, heat oil over high heat. Brown lamb on all sides. Add 2 cups water. Cover and braise over low heat for 1 hour. Cool in liquid. Remove from liquid. Refrigerate or freeze remaining liquid for use in stock for soup. Cut meat into 1-inch pieces, removing all fat; set aside.
- In salad bowl, combine greens, berries, pecans, and avocado; set aside. Mix lamb with salad dressing. Toss with salad.
- For garnish, spread feta cheese on slices of baguette and brown under broiler.
- Serve salad on plates and garnish with two slices of baguette.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.