Granola on the Go
- 4 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/4 cup wheat bran
- 1/2 cup wheat germ
- 1/4 cup nuts or seeds (try a combo such as sunflower or sesame seeds and walnuts)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 1/2 cup assorted, chopped dried fruit such as apricots, apples or figs
- 2 Tbs canola oil
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Coat a 9x13-inch (23x33cm) pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together oats, bran, germ, nuts and cinnamon.
- Blend honey, canola oil and juice. Add mixture to oats and stir until well-coated.
- Spread granola onto a baking sheet and cook 25 minutes, stirring a few times so that granola browns evenly. Remove from oven and let the granola cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes.
- Add dried fruit when mixture cools. Store in an air-tight container.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.