Cajun Lamb Loin Sandwiches with Grilled Onions and Horseradish Cream
- 2 boneless lamb loins or steaks (approximately 3 to 4 ounces per sandwich)
- 1 Tbs Cajun seasoning
- 1 large red onion, peeled, cut into 1/2-inch rings
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Green leaf lettuce
- Tomatoes, sliced
- 6 ciabatta rolls (or other crusty bread rolls)
- Horseradish Cream1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 4 Tbs prepared horseradish, drained
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- Rub a light coating of olive oil on both sides of the lamb loin and the onions. Sprinkle the onions with salt and pepper. Divide the Cajun seasoning between the 2 lamb loins, or steaks; rub all sides to cover.
- Grill loins over medium-hot heat for approximately 10 minutes or until desired degree of doneness, turning occasionally. Remove from grill; rest for 10 minutes before slicing very thin. Grill the onion until soft and charred in places.
- Slice the rolls in half. Top with a lettuce leaf, sliced tomato, lamb, grilled onions, and a dollop of Horseradish Cream. Top with the other half of the ciabatta bun; serve immediately.
- Horseradish CreamCombine in a bowl: sour cream, mayonnaise, horseradish, black pepper, and salt; mix well.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.