Chinese Chicken Salad Sandwich
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup vegetable or peanut oil
- 1/4 cup sesame seed oil
- 2 Tbs minced ginger root
- 4 tsp sugar
- 4 tsp dry mustard
- 2 lbs chicken breast, boned, skinned, steamed, and cubed
- 1 cup red onions, sliced into narrow wedges
- 1 cup fresh peas pods (or thawed frozen), slivered
- 6 crusty round rolls, split and buttered
- Lettuce or watercress, as needed
- 4 tsp sesame seeds, toasted
- Mix soy sauce, vinegar, oils, ginger, sugar, and dry mustard.
- Add chicken, onions, and pea pods; toss well.
- Chill salad for at least 4 hours to blend flavors.
- Fill each bread roll with lettuce and chicken salad and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Accompany with crispy noodles if desired.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.