Italian Stir-Fried Lamb
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup dry white wine or water
- 2 tablespoons prepared pesto
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen Italian-style green beans, thawed
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 12 ounces American Lamb boneless leg or sirloin, thinly sliced into 3-inch strips
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 4 ounces linguine or fettuccine, cooked
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a small bowl, combine broth, wine or water, pesto, cornstarch and oregano. Set aside.
- Preheat a wok or large skillet over high heat; add oil. Stir-fry carrots and green beans for 4 minutes. Add mushrooms; stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes or until vegetables are crisp tender. Remove vegetables from wok or skillet; set aside.
- Add lamb strips to wok or skillet. Stir-fry about 3 minutes or until slightly pink. Add vegetable mixture. Add pesto mixture to skillet. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Stir in tomatoes. Cook 1 minute longer. Serve over hot cooked pasta; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Defrosting Lamb: Thaw frozen lamb in the refrigerator overnight or for faster thawing, use a microwave oven, following the manufacturer's directions. Do not thaw frozen lamb at room temperature.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.