Papaya Marinated Tandoori Chicken
- 3 lb whole fresh chicken
- 3 cup R. W. Knudsen Cream Papaya Juice
- 1 large white onion, cut into chunks
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 Tbs fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1 lemon, seeded and without rind
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp coarse sea salt
- Peel skin off chicken and cut into quarters.
- With a knife make small slits ½ inch deep all over chicken. Set aside.
- Place papaya juice in a blender. Add pieces of onion, garlic and ginger.
- Cut a lemon into quarters setting aside one quarter. Add the rest of the lemon and spices (except salt) to the blender. Puree ingredients.
- With the leftover lemon quarter rub deep into chicken meat then rub in salt to tenderize.
- Place chicken in a baking tray. Pour on marinade, cover and place in refrigerator overnight.
- Remove cover from chicken and place in oven at 350 degrees for 1 ½ to 2 hours until done.
- Remove chicken from liquid. Serve with cooked basmati rice.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.