White Almond and Artichoke Heart Hummus
- 1 1/2 cups almonds, soaked and peeled or chickpeas
- 2 Tbs raw tahini or pine nuts
- 4 artichoke hearts, divided
- extra-virgin olive oil or filtered water
- sea salt
- Place the almonds or chickpeas, tahini or pine nuts, and 3 of the prepared artichoke hearts in a high-speed blender or food processor. Blend until silky smooth. Add olive oil and/or filtered water to aid blending if necessary. It may be necessary to scrape the walls of the blender or food processor and continue to blend to achieve an even, smooth consistency.
- Season to taste with sea salt.
- Chop the remaining artichoke heart and fold into the hummus.
Serving Suggestion: This hummus can be stored in a tightly sealed container in the fridge for 3 to 4 days.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.