Moist Banana Cake
- 1/2 cup margarine, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 bananas, medium, very ripe, pureed
- 1/4 cup light sour cream
- 2 Tbs rum, or 1 tsp (5mL) rum extract
- 1 Tbs vanilla extract
- 2 cups unbleached flour, white
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 Tbs powdered sugar, for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Spray a 9-inch (20cm) springform pan with vegetable oil spay.
- Using an electric mixer, cream margarine and sugar on high speed until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time and mix until smooth. Mix in banana puree, sour cream, rum and vanilla extract on medium speed. In a small bowl, stir flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon together. Gradually add flour mixture to banana mixture and blend just until smooth.
- Pour batter into springform pan. Bake for about 30 minutes, until lightly browned and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Do not overbake.
- Let cake cool for about 10 minutes and remove sides from spring form pan. Sprinkle powered sugar over cake before serving.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.