Roasted Potatoes with Onions
- 6 medium potatoes
- 2 small onions, chopped into 3/4-inch (2cm) pieces
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp salt (sea salt if on a corn-free diet*)
- 1/2 tsp rosemary, or more to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Spray a large baking sheet with vegetable oil cooking spray.
- Wash and scrub potatoes well. No need to peel them, but they can be, if desired. Cut into 1-inch (3cm) pieces and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Add onion, garlic, olive oil and salt and mix well, to coat all the vegetables with oil. Place mixture on baking sheet, spreading out so that the potatoes are in one layer.
- Bake for 1 hour, turning potatoes with a spatula after about 30 minutes. Sprinkle rosemary over the potatoes during the last 10 mintues of baking.
* Allergy notes: People following a corn-free diet should avoid iodized salt since it contains dextrose, which should be avoided by those allergic to corn.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.