Fruited Couscous Salad with Chicken
- Salad:2 1/4 cups water
- 2 Tbs chicken bouillon granules
- 1 3/4 cups couscous, uncooked
- 2 cups boneless skinless chicken breast, cooked, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup red bell pepper, chopped (one pepper)
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 green apple, chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup parsley sprigs, finely minced
- Dressing:1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 Tbs olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp Tabasco sauce
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- In a jar or small bowl, blend together lemon juice, oil, garlic, curry powder, cumin, turmeric, Tabasco, and black pepper. Set aside.
- In a medium sauce pan, bring water to a boil, stir in chicken bouillon and add couscous. Mix couscous with a fork; cover and remove from heat. Let stand until broth is absorbed, about 15 minutes. Fluff couscous with a fork and transfer to a large bowl. Place bowl in refrigerator for about 5 minutes to cool.
- When couscous has cooled, mix in cooked chicken, red pepper, carrots, dried cranberries, apple, green onions and parsley. Add lemon dressing and toss well.
- Chill at least one hour before serving.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.