Grilled Apple Chicken
- 8 chicken breast halves, boneless and skinless
- 1 12 oz container, frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 Tbs lemon juice
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 large Granny Smith apples, cored and cut into thick rings
- Preheat grill to medium (if using gas grill), or until charcoal is covered with gray ash and is medium-hot.
- In a small saucepan, combine apple juice concentrate, honey, lemon juice, brown sugar, and cinnamon; mix well. Heat over medium heat until sugar is dissolved (about 3 minutes). Set aside 1 cup of mixture to serve as sauce; use remaining for basting.
- Arrange apple rings on grill and brush with basting sauce. Grill for 8 minutes and baste often. Turn apple rings over and grill for 8 to 10 minutes or until tender; basting often.
- Meanwhile, place chicken on grill. Brush with basting sauce and grill for 5 minutes (10 minutes if frozen). Turn chicken over and baste again. Grill for 5 to 7 minutes more (10 to 15 minutes if frozen) or until internal juices run clear; basting often. Discard leftover basting sauce.
- Serve chicken and apples with reserved sauce.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.