Baked Ham with Waldorf Sauce
- 1 4-pound smoked boneless ham
- 2 cups apple juice or apple cider
- 2 inches stick cinnamon
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1 Tbs butter or margarine
- 1 cup chopped apple
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 2 Tbs raisins
- 1 Tbs brown sugar
- 4 tsp cornstarch
- 1 Tbs water
- Ham:Place ham on rack in shallow roasting pan. Bake in a 325 degree F. oven for about 1 to 1-1/2 hours or until meat thermometer registers 140 degrees F.
- Waldorf Sauce:In a small saucepan combine apple juice and cinnamon; bring to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes. Remove cinnamon. In a skillet cook celery in butter until tender but not brown. Stir in apple juice, chopped apple, walnuts, raisins and brown sugar; cook over medium heat for 3-5 minutes. Combine cornstarch and water; stir into the apple mixture. Cook and stir about 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Serve with ham.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.