Chesapeake Filet with Cream of Crab Soup
- 3 Tbsp divided butter
- 4 4 oz filet mignon or other beef cuts, trimmed of fat
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, sliced*
- 1/4 cup sweet (cream) sherry
- 1 cup cream of crab soup, 15 oz. pkg.
- 1 8 oz can crab meat
- Microwave soup until thawed, but still cold. Measure out 1 c. for use. Immediately cover and refrigerate remaining soup.
- Melt 2 Tbsp. butter in large sauté pan over medium high heat
- Add filets and brown on all side. When filets have reached desired doneness, remove from pan and set aside in warm oven.
- Add remaining 1 Tbsp. butter to pan and sauté mushrooms until soft, about 3-5 min.
- Add Sherry and sauté until slightly reduced, 2 more minutes.
- Add soup and heat, stirring frequently, until hot, but not boiling.
- Stir in crabmeat and heat through. Gently spoon sauce over reserved.filets.
Substitution Tip: You can substitute canned, sliced mushrooms, drained for crab meat.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.