- 3 lbs bone-in chicken breasts and legs
- 1/2 cup flour
- salt and pepper, as needed
- 3 Tbs olive oil, as needed
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 2 small zucchinis, diced (about 1 cup)
- 4 oz white button mushrooms, sliced
- 6 oz drained cured artichoke hearts, sliced
- 6 oz black olives, sliced
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 Tbs unsalted butter
- Preheat the oven to 325° F. Remove the skin from the chicken pieces if desired. Mix together the flour with salt and pepper to taste in a shallow bowl or plate. Dredge each chicken piece in the flour mixture. Heat the oil and rosemary sprig in an ovenproof sauté pan and brown each chicken piece on both sides. Put the chicken pieces in the pan and put it in the oven until the chicken is cooked through, 15 to 20 minutes. Juices should run clear when the chicken is pricked with a knife.
- Remove the chicken to a plate and cover to keep warm. Add the zucchinis, mushrooms, artichokes, and olives to the pan over medium heat. Sauté for a minute, then add the wine to deglaze the pan, scraping up any bits in the pan. Simmer for 2 to 3 minutes, add the butter, and stir until it melts. Season the sauce to taste with salt and pepper.
- Plate each chicken portion with some of the vegetables and drizzle sauce around and over.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.