Creamy Mushroom and Corn Chowder
- 2 Tbs vegetable oil
- 10 oz white button mushrooms, sliced (about 3 cups)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 2 cans ready-to-serve chicken broth
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen corn kernels or 2 cups fresh kernels
- 1 can (15 ounces) creamed corn
- 1 cup diced ham
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 Tbs flour
- In a large saucepan, heat oil until hot. Add mushrooms, onion and celery; cook and stir until vegetables are tender, about 8 minutes. Stir in chicken broth, corn kernels, creamed corn and ham. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer covered to blend flavors, about 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl whisk together milk and flour until smooth; stir into saucepan. Return to a boil; cook and stir until chowder thickens slightly, about 3 minutes. Season with hot pepper sauce, if desired. Serve immediately.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.