Grilled Medallions of Ono on Tomato Salad
- 1 pint orange teardrop tomatoes, quartered
- 1 pint yellow teardrop tomatoes, quartered
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- 3 Tbs minced fresh rosemary
- 1/2 Kula onion, shaved
- Freshly ground pepper and salt to taste (sea salt if on a corn-free diet*)
- 2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 large shallots, minced
- 2 serrano chili peppers, peeled, seeded and minced
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- Sugar to taste
- 8 4-ounce (115g) ono medallions
- Toss tomatoes with basil, rosemary, onion, salt, pepper, and olive oil. Chill until ready to serve.
- Combine shallots, chili peppers, cilantro, vinegar, sugar and salt. Chill until ready to serve.
- Season fish on both sides with salt and pepper. Cook on a well-oiled grill until fish is opaque, but not dry.
- Place 1/4 of the tomato salad in the center of each plate. Arrange 2 ono medallions over each salad and drizzle with shallot sauce.
* Allergy notes: People following a corn-free diet should avoid iodized salt since it contains dextrose, which should be avoided by those allergic to corn.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.