Grilled Mushrooms and Pepper Fajitas
- 1 1/2 lbs mixed mushrooms (portabella caps, shiitake and crimini)
- 8 oz white button mushrooms
- 1 red bell pepper, halved
- 1 green bell pepper, halved
- 1 medium sweet onion, halved
- 12 each (6 inch) flour tortillas, warmed
- 8 oz feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp whole cumin seeds
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1 Tbs garlic, minced
- Chipotle Cream Sauce8 oz sour cream
- 1 chipotle pepper, stem and seeds removed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- In a small dry skillet heat cumin seeds until fragrant, about 1 minute. Place in a large bowl with olive oil, garlic and all the mushrooms; toss to mix and coat.
- Preheat outdoor grill or broiler. In batches on a grill screen or rack of a broiler pan, place mushrooms, bell peppers and onion. Grill 2 to 3 inches from heat, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms are cooked through, 5 to 8 minutes. Slice vegetable into strips. Place an equal amount on each tortilla; sprinkle with feta cheese and a drizzle of chipotle cream. Garnish with cilantro, if desired.
- Chipotle Cream Sauce1 container (8 ounces) sour cream, 1 chipotle pepper, stem and seeds removed, 1/2 teaspoon salt. In the container of a food processor place sour cream, pepper and salt. Process until the pepper is finely chopped, 15 to 30 seconds.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.