Peking Chicken Wraps
- 1/2 cup brown rice
- 2 tsp dark sesame oil
- 4 scallions, sliced
- 1/4 lb snow peas, trimmed
- 1 cup finely shredded red cabbage
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 2 Tbs unseasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 6 whole wheat tortillas (10"-12" diameter)
- 6 Tbs hoisin sauce
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
- Cook the rice according to the package directions. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a medium nonstick skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the scallions and cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute, or until wilted. Stir into the rice.
- Bring a small pot of water to a boil. Add the snow peas and cook for 30 seconds. Drain and rinse with cold water until cool. Pat dry and cut lengthwise into thin strips. In a medium bowl, combine the snow peas, cabbage, carrot, rice vinegar, and ginger.
- To assemble the wraps, lay the tortillas on a work surface. Spread each with 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce. Place one-sixth of the chicken in a strip along the bottom of each tortilla, 1" from the edges.
- Top with the rice and vegetable mixtures. Fold over the bottom edge of each tortilla to cover the filling. Fold the sides in and continue to roll up tightly, burrito style. Cut each in half crosswise with a serrated knife to serve.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.