Baked Ham with Cornbread-Apricot Stuffing
- 1 4-pound smoked boneless ham
- 1 8-inch square pan cornbread (homemade or mix)
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 2 Tbs chopped onion
- 2 Tbs butter
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- Place ham on rack in shallow roasting pan. Bake in a 325 degree F. oven for about 1 to 1-1/2 hours or until meat thermometer registers 140 degrees F. Slice to serve.
- Meanwhile, crumble cooked cornbread, place in large mixing bowl. In medium skillet, saute celery and onion in butter until onion is tender; stir in preserves and pecans and toss with cornbread. Turn into a greased 2-quart casserole. Drizzle broth over stuffing. Bake at 325 degrees F. for 30-45 minutes, until heated through and lightly browned. Serve with smoked ham.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.