Beef Steaks with Parmesan-Grilled Vegetables
- 2 beef T-bone or Porterhouse steaks, cut 1 inch thick (about 2 pounds)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 2 Tbs red wine vinegar
- 2 medium red or yellow bell peppers, quartered
- 1 large red onion, sliced (1/2-inch)
- Seasoning:1 Tbs minced garlic
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp pepper
- Combine seasoning ingredients. Remove 4 teaspoons; press onto beef steaks. Add cheese, oil and vinegar to remaining seasoning; mix well.
- Place steaks in center of grid over medium, ash-covered coals; arrange vegetables around steaks. Grill steaks, uncovered, 14 to 16 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness, turning occasionally. Grill bell peppers 12 to 15 minutes and onion 15 to 20 minutes or until tender, turning once. Brush vegetables with cheese mixture during last 10 minutes.
- Carve steaks. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with vegetables.
To broil, place steaks and vegetables on rack in broiler pan so surface of beef is 3 to 4 inches from heat. Broil 15 to 20 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness and until vegetables are tender, turning once. Brush vegetables with cheese mixture during last 3 to 4 minutes.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.