Buffalo Chicken Bites
- Blue Cheese Dressing3 Tbs (1 1/4 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tsp finely chopped green onion
- 1/2 tsp white wine vinegar
- Chicken Bites2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (10 ounces), cut into 1" cubes
- 1 scallion, finely chopped
- 2 1/2 Tbs mild cayenne pepper sauce
- 1 Tbs butter, melted
- 3 ribs celery, cut into 2" sticks
- 1 cup baby carrots
- Blue Cheese DressingIn a small bowl, mash together the blue cheese and sour cream with the back of a spoon. Stir in the green onion and vinegar until blended. Set aside.
- Chicken BitesPreheat the oven to 400°F. In a medium bowl, toss together the chicken cubes, scallion, and 1 tablespoon of the pepper sauce. Thread the chicken on twelve 6" bamboo skewers, using 2 pieces of chicken per skewer. Arrange on a foil-lined baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, toss together the remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons pepper sauce and the butter. Arrange the cooked chicken skewers on one half of a serving platter in a single layer. Brush the chicken cubes with the pepper sauce. Place the celery and carrots on the platter and serve with the blue cheese dressing.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.