Salmon and Blueberry Salad with Red Onion Vinaigrette
- 1 medium-sized red onion, thinly sliced in half rings
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt, divided
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper, divided
- 3 Tbs olive oil, divided
- 1- 1/2 lbs salmon fillet, cut crosswise in 4 portions
- 6 cups lettuce leaves in bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- In a microwaveable cup, combine onion, red wine vinegar, sugar, 1/2 teaspoon of the salt and 1/8 teaspoon of the pepper; cover loosely with plastic wrap; microwave on high power for 1 minute. Let stand, stirring occasionally, until onions turn pink, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat grill or broiler. Brush 1 tablespoon of the olive oil on both sides of the salmon fillets; sprinkle with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Grill or broil salmon, skin side down, until just cooked through, about 6 minutes.
- Divide lettuce leaves among 4 dinner plates; place salmon in the center. With a slotted spoon, remove onions from vinegar; scatter onions, along with the blueberries, over and around the fish. Whisk remaining 2 tablespoons of the olive oil into the vinegar mixture; drizzle vinaigrette over salmon.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.