Tex-Mex Bean Salad
- 2 15-ounce (425g) cans organic pinto or black beans, drained
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup pimento-stuffed olives, chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 1/4 cup minced fresh coriander
- 4 to 5 Tbs (60 to 75mL) lime juice
- Salt to taste
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- Radicchio leaves for garnish
- In a large bowl, combine the beans, red pepper, onions, olives, jalapeño, coriander, 3 Tbsp (45mL) lime juice and salt to taste. Set aside at room temperature for an hour or two.
- Just before serving, stir in the olive oil and enough additional lime juice to make the flavors pop. Mound the salad onto radicchio leaves either on a platter or individual plates.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.