Whole Wheat Linguine with Arugula and Edamame
- 2 cups shelled edamame
- 8 oz whole wheat linguine or farro
- 1 Tbs extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 cups coarsely chopped arugula
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Cook the edamame in boiling salted water until they are crisp-tender, 3 minutes. Remove them to a bowl with a slotted spoon.
- Add the pasta to the same water, and cook according to package directions. Drain it in a colander, drizzle with 1/2 teaspoon of the oil, and set it aside.
- In a large, nonstick skillet, heat the remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and cook 15 seconds. Mix in the arugula, coating it with the oil, and cook until wilted, 2 minutes. Mix in the edamame and remove the pan from the heat. Add the drained pasta, stirring until it is warmed through, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Divide the pasta and vegetables among 4 shallow pasta bowls or dinner plates, and top with equal amounts of the cheese. Serve hot or at room temperature.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.