In Your Community
At the heart of ACME Markets charitable giving is the idea that being a good corporate citizen is an ongoing responsibility. By helping to create stronger communities, we enhance the quality of life for customers and associates. We know being a good neighbor also means providing for our customers beyond our store’s walls.
Donation Focus Area
At ACME Markets, we’re focused on providing our customers with a fresh and healthy experience every time they enter our stores. We help to create healthy and thriving communities by supporting non-profit, 501(c)(3) organizations whose primary mission fits the following focus areas:
Ending hunger in our local communities is core to our charitable mission. We support organizations providing comprehensive hunger relief programming and food distribution.
Health and Nutrition
We fund organizations promoting nutrition education and maintaining a healthy lifestyle through diet.
To be eligible for a donation, a request must:
- Include your organization’s federal 501(c)(3) designation letter
- Note: charities with 501(c) designations other than (3) are not eligible for support
- Include a signed and dated IRS W-9
- Fall within our focus areas
ACME Markets will generally not support:
- Third-party requests on behalf of another organization
- Fees for conferences, seminars or travel
- Advertising requests (including printed programs)
- Family or individual emergency relief
- Individual/team fundraising
- Travel and/or academic research
- Fees for participation in athletic or other competitive programs
- Fraternal or labor organizations
- Parties, ceremonies or memorials
- Lobbying or political initiatives
- Religious organizations (for religious programs)
- Organizations (or programs) that receive more than 30% if their funding through the United Way
- School field trips
- Workforce development programs
How to Apply
Our donation request process is now entirely online. Before you submit your application, please have the following documents ready for upload in PDF format:
A scanned copy of your most current IRS 501(c)(3) certificate
A scanned copy of a signed and recently dated IRS W-9
If your request meets our giving guidelines:
- All donation requests must be submitted through our online system.
- Printed material, faxes and e-mailed donation requests will not be reviewed.
- We are unable to respond to exploratory inquiries.