Caramelized Onion Pilaf
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 3 cups cooked long grain brown rice
- 1 cup green peas, blanched
- 1 cup olives, wedged
- 1/3 cup toasted pine nuts
- kosher salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a medium sized sauté pan over medium-high heat. Stir in onions and turn heat down to medium-low. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally for 10-12 minutes, until onions are well caramelized. Stir in brown rice, peas, olives and pine nuts. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.