Fiesta Quinoa Salad
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 ears corn, roasted, kernels cut off cob (or 1 cup frozen corn)
- 1 red bell pepper, roasted and chopped
- 1 15 oz can black beans or soy beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 3 limes, juiced
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- Combine the quinoa and broth in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes or until tender.
- In a large bowl, mix together the cooked quinoa, corn, pepper, beans, scallions, and cilantro.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lime juice, olive oil, and seasonings. Pour over the quinoa mixture. Cover and chill for at least 30 minutes to let the flavors set.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.