Frittata with Onion, Basil, and Tomato
- 1 large onion, cut into narrow wedges
- 3 Tbs olive oil, divided
- 1 cup fresh, chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 cup grated Romano or Parmesan cheese
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in 10-inch skillet or sauté pan. Add onion and sauté 8 to 10 minutes or until golden.
- Remove about one-third of the onion from pan and keep warm. Add drained tomatoes and all but about 1 tablespoon basil to pan; cook with onions for 1 minute.
- Beat eggs in bowl with fork. Add onion, tomato, and basil mixture to eggs, stirring just to combine.
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in skillet. Pour egg mixture into hot skillet. Cover and cook over low heat until set, about 15 minutes.
- Top with reserved onions and basil; sprinkle with cheese. Let rest 2 or 3 minutes, then cut into wedges to serve.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.