Garden-Style Fish with Onions and Bell Peppers
- 2 cups sliced yellow onion
- 1 cup thinly sliced green and/or red bell peppers
- 3 Tbs olive oil
- 1 lb white fish fillets
- 1/2 tsp marjoram
- Garlic salt, to taste
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth or white wine
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large skillet over medium heat and sauté onions and bell peppers for 8 to 10 minutes, or until tender and lightly sautéed.
- Push the vegetables to one side of the skillet and add 1 tablespoon oil to pan.
- Place fish in single layer in pan. Spoon vegetables over fish and sauté 2 to 5 minutes (depending on thickness of fillets), or until fish are cooked halfway through.
- Turn fish, sprinkle with marjoram and garlic salt and finish cooking. Add broth or wine to pan and continue to cook, uncovered, until liquid reduces slightly.
- Serve fish with pan juices and the vegetables spooned over the top.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.