Gyro-Burger with Yogurt Sauce
- 1 lb ground lamb
- 1 tsp oregano leaves, crushed
- 3/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin, ground
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 pita bread rounds
- 1 cup spinach, chopped
- Yogurt Sauce3/4 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 2/3 cup cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbs fresh mint, chopped
- 1/4 tsp granulated sugar
- Salt to taste
- In a large bowl, combine oregano, garlic powder, pepper, onion powder, cumin, and salt. Add ground lamb; mix well.
- Form into four patties, about 3/4-inch thick. Grill over medium coals or broil for around 5 minutes on each side, or to desired degree of doneness.
- In a medium bowl, combine yogurt, chopped cucumber, sliced green onion, mint, and sugar.
- Split open each pita half, forming a pocket. Place gyro-burger in each pocket; top with chopped spinach and yogurt sauce.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.