Sweet Veggie Onion Salad with Margarita Dressing
- 2 small red onions, cut into wedges
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 1 cup julienned and pared jicama
- 1 cup fresh or frozen edamame, shelled
- 1 red or yellow bell pepper, seeded and julienned
- 2 quarts mixed greens
- 1/2 bunch fresh chives
- Margarita Dressing1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbs lime juice
- 2 tsp honey mustard
- 2 tsp sugar
- To make Margarita Dressing: Combine olive oil, lime juice, honey mustard, and sugar; set aside.
- Sauté onions in oil gently over medium heat for 6 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Combine onions, corn, jicama, edamame, and bell pepper in bowl. Pour Margarita Dressing over and toss lightly.
- Chill until ready to serve. Portion over greens in salad bowl or on individual plates; top with whole chives.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.