Morning-After-Thanksgiving Lamb Hash
- 1 3/4 cup uncooked bulgur
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1 med onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 lb ground lamb
- 1 Tbs ground cumin
- 3 cups chopped fresh spinach leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro or Italian parsley leaves
- 3 Tbs toasted pine nuts
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground pepper
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbles
- 16 eggs, poached
- In medium pan with cover, bring 1 3/4 cups water to a boil.
- Stir bulgur into water, cover.
- Let stand for 20 to 30 minutes until liquid is absorbed.
- In large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and garlic; sauté for 6 to 7 minutes until just beginning to brown.
- Remove from pan, set aside.
- Add lamb; crumble and cook until no longer pink.
- Drain well.
- Stir in onion mixture cumin, spinach, cilantro or parsley, pine nuts, salt, and pepper.
- Cook, stirring for 5 minutes.
- Add eggs and cook, stirring until they are mixed in.
- Blend in feta cheese.
- To Serve: Place portion of hash on plate and top with two poached eggs.
- Serve with fresh fruit and pumpkin bread.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.