Asian Noodles with Shrimp
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 Tbs soy sauce, low sodium
- 2 Tbs honey
- 1 tsp Chinese chili paste, (or pinch red chili pepper flakes)
- 10 oz soba noodles, uncooked (or angel hair pasta)
- 2 tsp sesame oil, divided
- 2 Tbs ginger root, minced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 lb medium shrimp, uncooked, cleaned and deveined
- In a jar or small bowl, mix together rice vinegar, soy sauce, honey and chili paste. Set aside.
- Cook noodles in a large pot of rapidly boiling water until done. Drain and return to pot. Mix noodles with 1 tsp (5mL) sesame oil and cover to keep warm.
- In a large skillet or wok, heat 1 tsp (5mL) sesame oil. Add ginger root, green onions and shrimp, stir frying just until shrimp turns pink. Add sauce and cook for 1 minute. Add noodles and cook until thoroughly heated.
- Serve immediately.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.