Barramundi Fish Taco
- 4 Barramundi fillets (cut into 1-inch cubes)
- 2 Tbs chile powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 medium yellow onion (cut into medium slices)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 jalapeño peppers (cut into medium slices)
- 2 Tbs peanut oil
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 8-12 yellow corn tortillas (peanut oil as needed for tortillas)
- 1 cup monterey jack and/or mild cheddar cheese (grated)
- Sear veggies using half the oil in a heavy skillet over medium-hi heat for about 4 minutes (softened but not wilted). Remove from pan.
- Add remainder of oil to pan and add fish, skin side down. Cook about 2 minutes. Add spices and stir fish once with a spatula, trying not to break it too much. Cook one additional minute.
- Add veggies to the fish, gently mix and remove from heat.
- In a clean pan over low heat put a few drops of oil, add a tortilla and gently move around with fingers, flip and repeat, until warmed and softened. About 1 minute. Stack warmed tortillas on a plate and cover with clean dish towel to keep warm.
- Serve at once. Allow diners to spoon fish into tacos and add cheese, salsa, guacamole, sour cream, etc., as desired. Eat with hands.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.