Braised Leg of Lamb with Preserved Lemons and Green Olives
- 5 lb sirloin-end, bone-in leg of lamb
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbs cumin, ground
- 2 Tbs coriander, ground
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1 cup green olives, pitted
- 1/2 cup preserved lemon rind, chopped
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- Liberally season lamb with salt and pepper. In a bowl, stir together garlic, cumin, coriander, and oil; smear over lamb. Let rest at room temperature.
- Place lamb in a baking dish; roast at 425ºF for 30 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325ºF. Add olives, lemon rind, and broth. Cook until internal temperature is 130ºF for medium-rare, about 1 1/2 hours.
- Let stand for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Place lamb on a cutting board and slice.
- Pour pan sauce into a measuring cup; spoon off fat.
- Serve with couscous tossed with mint and scallions.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.