Butterflied Chicken with Herbs and Sticky Lemon
- 1 whole chicken, back bone and breast bone removed and flattened
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 5 sprigs rosemary
- 10 long sprigs thyme
- 10 cloves garlic
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1/4 cup sherry vinegar
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 Tbs adobo sauce from canned chipotle peppers
- 2 Tbs toasted sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. On cookie sheet, place rosemary sprigs, thyme sprigs and garlic. Arrange flattened chicken on top and sprinkle with olive oil. Place chicken in 400° F oven for 20 minutes.
- Pour sherry vinegar over chicken and cook additional 15 minutes.
- Place lemon slices over chicken. In small bowl, mix together honey and chipotle sauce; brush over lemon slices. Bake chicken additional 10-15 minutes, brushing with honey sauce (use foil to cover chicken if it starts to burn).
- Test for doneness by inserting an instant read thermometer into the thickest part of the thigh. It should register 180° F. Remove chicken to platter and sprinkle with almonds and parsley.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.