Cajun Lamb Roast
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cayenne
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1 boneless lamb roast, sirloin or top round
- Stir together salt, pepper, cayenne, chili powder, paprika, and garlic powder and rub into lamb.
- Let stand 15 minutes.
- Heat oil to medium-hot and brown lamb on all sides.
- Place lamb in shallow roasting pan or rack and roast in 350ºF oven 35 to 40 minutes or until meat thermometer registers 145ºF for medium-rare, 160ºF for medium, or 170ºF for well.
- When lamb has reached desired degree of doneness, remove from oven and let rest 10 minutes.
- Internal temperature will rise approximately 10 degrees. Slice lamb on diagonal and serve with rice.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.