Cajun Pork Paella
- 1 lb boneless pork loin, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 Tbs Cajun-style seasoning
- 1 Tbs vegetable oil
- 1 7.4 oz box quick cooking spicy Cajun-style beans and rice
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/4 cup dry white wine , or chicken broth
- 1 8 oz bottle clam juice, or chicken broth
- 1 6 1/2 oz jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 cup frozen green peas, thawed
- 1 2 oz jar diced pimentos, undrained
- Toss cubes with seasoning; heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork cubes; cook and stir until pork is nicely browned. Remove pork from skillet and keep warm. Add rice and beans mix and seasoning packets to skillet, along with water, wine and clam juice, stirring to mix. Bring to boil and cover tightly; reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 6 minutes, stirring several times. Top rice mixture with pork, artichoke hearts, peas and pimientos and cover, cooking for about 4 minutes longer or until most liquid has been absorbed. Serve hot from skillet.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.