Caribbean Red Snapper
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup carrots, cut into strips
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 3/4 lb red snapper fillet
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 2 Tbs pitted ripe olives, chopped
- 2 Tbs crumbled low-fat feta or low-fat ricotta cheese
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion, red pepper, carrots, and garlic. Sauté mixture for 10 minutes. Add wine and bring to boil.
- Push vegetables to one side of the pan. Arrange fillets in a single layer in center of skillet. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add tomato and olives. Top with cheese. Cover and cook for 3 minutes or until fish is firm but moist.
- Transfer fish to serving platter. Garnish with vegetables and pan juices.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.