Chunky Lamb and Vegetable Soup
- 2 Tbs all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 lb lamb, boneless shoulder or leg, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 2 15 oz cans, diced tomatoes in juice
- 2 8 oz cans tomato sauce
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 large stalks celery, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp dried basil leaves, crushed
- 2 cups water
- 1 10 oz package frozen green beans, partially thawed
- 1 10 oz package frozen sliced carrots, partially thawed
- 1 10 oz package frozen corn, partially thawed
- In large plastic bag, combine flour, garlic powder, pepper, and salt. Add lamb cubes; coat thoroughly with flour mixture.
- Heat oil in large pan. Add entire contents of bag and brown lamb cubes.
- Stir in diced tomatoes and juice, tomato sauce, onion, celery, bay leaf, basil, and water. Cover, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer covered for 1 hour. Add green beans, carrots, and corn; cover, and cook additional 10 minutes.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.