- 1 1/3 lbs russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch chunks
- 14 oz reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 2 Tbs canola oil
- 3 cups coarsely chopped green cabbage
- 3/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 8 oz smoked chicken or turkey sausage, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1 med carrot, shredded
- 1/2 cup 1% milk
- Pepper, to taste
- In 3-quart saucepan cover potatoes with broth and water; add 1 teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil over high heat; reduce heat, cover and cook until potatoes are tender, 12 to 15 minutes; set aside.
- Meanwhile heat oil in 10-inch non-stick skillet over medium-high heat; add cabbage and onion. Sauté 10 minutes, tossing occasionally.
- Add sausage; continue to sauté, about 10 minutes, tossing occasionally, until vegetables and sausage begin to brown. Add carrot; set aside.
- With slotted spoon, remove about ¾ cup of potato pieces from saucepan and add to skillet. In electric blender blend remaining potatoes and liquid until smooth, being careful to hold blender lid down with kitchen towel; return to saucepan.
- Add puréed potatoes to the skillet; mix in enough milk for consistency desired. Heat to simmering and season with salt and pepper.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.